Wednesday, October 14, 2015

An 8-Year Old Fitness Enthusiast Challenges Usain Bolt To A Race

You must have probably seen a video of Demarjay Smith on YouTube. Demarjay, the Young Jamaican Trainer posted a hilarious yet motivational video in which he shared his secret: “If you want to be muscle, you have to work out!”. The video earned him worldwide attention and a spot on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

Usain Bolt accepted the challenge

During the show, Smith challenged Bolt to a race. When Ellen asked him if believed he could win, Smith replied: “Yeah, 100 percent!” Minutes later, Usain Bold surprised the 8-year old kid and the two went to the parking lot to square things off. As soon as Bolt arrived at the parking lot, Smith screamed: “Common Usain, don’t be scared of me!” The gold medalist, being the kind-hearted man that he is, faked an injury and let Smith win.
source

A heart-warming story

During his interview with Ellen, Smith described his workout routine. The young boy loves to do push-ups and dips. He does 90 push-ups on a daily basis: 60 in the morning and another 30 in the afternoon. This is Demarjay’s way to fight against bullying.
“I go around the neighborhood and I look to see if kids like exercising,” he told Ellen. “I see that other kids bully them so that’s why I started exercising, so I don’t get bullied and I have a cousin who was bullied about his size and his weight so I had to do something about it.”
image: http://www.afrizap.com/file/sites/2/2015/10/good-news-480x360.jpg
source

No comments:

Post a Comment