Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Michelle Obama Teams Up With Beyoncé To Promote Gender Equality In Schools

Beyoncé had just finished performing at the star-studded 2015 Global Citizens Festival in New York City when she invited a very special guests on stage: First Lady Michelle Obama. The crowd cheered with excitement. Mrs. Obama used the moment to highlight a sad reality in our world – there are 62 million girls who are not in school. The speech sparked a hashtag campaign on Twitter and has quickly gone viral.

She delivered a message to the festival and the world

Before the First Lady appeared on stage, they played a videotaped message that she had prepared for the event.  
“I see myself in these girls. I see my daughters in these girls. These girls are our girls, and I simply can’t walk away from them. So for me, this is truly a moral issue,” she says in the video.

 source

No comments:

Post a Comment