Monday, October 12, 2015

Prem ace made me abort our baby

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-lover’s fury at Everton keeper Howard

Dad ... Everton's Tim Howard

EVERTON goalie Tim Howard got a girlfriend pregnant then urged her to have an abortion, she has revealed.

The woman hit out at the World Cup hero and devout Christian after he claimed he could not afford another child despite earning an estimated £3.3million a year.

The dad of two even urged her to go ahead with the termination after she suffered a panic attack at the hospital.

The revelations shatter 36-year-old Howard’s image as a family man.

The 32-year-old woman told The Sun on Sunday: “He’s a hypocrite and I feel he manipulated me.

“I feel totally betrayed, a complete fool. I believe he stayed with me to make sure I had an abortion.

'Betrayed' ... woman claims star used her
'Betrayed' ... woman claims star used her Daniel Jones
“In the end I made the decision on my own to have the abortion.

“I’m so sad I sacrificed a child I wanted to keep. It makes me so mad that he was a faithful Christian and he could behave like this.

“He has two beautiful children and I thought he was an amazing dad. But he was so callous. He didn’t care
what happened to me as long as I attended that clinic.

Ex-Man United ace Howard was one of the stars of the 2014 World Cup, making a tournament-record 15 saves as his USA side lost 2-1 to Belgium in the last 16.

He met the woman, who we are not naming at her request, at Everton’s end-of-season bash in May 2014, scribbling down his number on a napkin.

The woman said: “I thought he was good looking and really sweet.

“One of the first things he asked was if I had a phone charger. He didn’t seem like a typical footballer.

Selfie ... pic he sent her during World Cup
Selfie ... pic he sent her during World Cup
“We swapped numbers and he started messaging me all the time.

”Howard even switched a flight to the US so they could enjoy a date before the World Cup in Brazil.

He travelled to London and took her to the £150-a-head Novikof restaurant and a club, before they stayed at the Mayfair Hotel.

The woman said: “We did not sleep together that night but we had a really good time.”

After his tournament heroics he brought out a book, dedicating it to his two children with wife Laura, who filed for divorce in 2010.

The book also spells out the importance of his religion and details his battles with Tourette’s and obsessive compulsive disorder. When he returned to the UK for the 2014-15 Premier League season he arranged to see the woman again. He travelled to London, and she made several trips to his £2million home in Cheshire.

He also sent several pictures including one of him holding his manhood. The snaps show his tattooed torso, with inkings bearing the message “precious son” and another depicting his children.

The woman said: “I didn’t want it to be a fling so it was a while before we were intimate together.

“We talked about us being exclusive and agreed on it. His house was nice and had a lot of religious artefacts on the walls like crucifixes and plaques of Bible verses.”

Last November, the woman was abroad with work when she learned she was pregnant.

She said: “He had a game so I wanted to wait and tell him face to face. But he sensed something was wrong and kept asking me what it was in messages.”

When she eventually told him over the phone, she was stunned by his response. She said: “His reaction was, ‘F**k that’. He said he would let me decide but it was clear to me what he wanted. Although we were in the early stages, I believed he was a good Christian and would support me.”

The woman had already told Howard she was financially secure.
In messages, she told of her reservations about an abortion saying: “You are blessed with two children. I am killing ours. Eughhhh!!!”

Global star ... Everton goalie Howard
Global star ... Everton goalie Howard Getty
Howard replied: “It still affects me.” He also spelt out his objections to the birth, suggesting he could not afford it.

He said: “From the standpoint of not seeing the child. My current children living a completely separate
life and not knowing. Financially. All of it and more.”

In another exchange, the woman, a Catholic, told Howard she feared going against something “God has decided” in having the termination.

Howard replied: “Well let’s start here . . . you go against God every day. We all do, so let’s not lean on that. I’m a faithful Christian too.

“My logic/reason is . . . it’s clearly not a situation to bring a child into. In terms of us only knowing each other a short period. I’m leaving England in 2 years you know.”

In another message he said: “It happened bc WE were f**n stupid. It’s simple.”

The woman was two and a half months pregnant when she made an appointment for the abortion last Christmas Eve.

Lovers ... on date in London
Lovers ... on date in London
But she cancelled when Howard said he could not attend.

She made another five days later, which the hospital postponed. Eventually she had the procedure on the NHS at a London hospital on New Year’s Eve.

Howard told her in messages he could not attend as he was injured.

Before the op, the woman had a panic attack. She said: “I had a meltdown and couldn’t breathe. I went outside to ring him.”

The pair spoke on the phone then minutes later Howard sent a WhatsApp message: “Really want to be there to give you a massive hug.” He added: “Please do this.’”

The woman then decided herself to go ahead with the abortion. Explaining her reasons she said: “I felt guilty because I had been on contraception. I also felt we had a chance of a relationship once this was out of the way. I now regret it.

Picture he sent her ... tattooed torso pays tribute to his two children
Picture he sent her ... tattooed torso pays tribute to his two children
“I feel I was manipulated and thought he would support me.

“I understood why he didn’t want the baby but couldn’t comprehend why he would treat me so callously.

He knew it was the first time I’d fallen pregnant.”

They saw each other once more — at his home. The woman said: “He still seemed keen. But he was only happy to see me for sexual reasons. I had a couple of glasses of wine and was thinking, ‘I have sacrificed my baby for this man.’

“He was a pig to me all night and spent half the time on his phone. He said he was looking at pictures of his children but I don’t know what he was doing.

“He gave me a cuddle the next morning but I could tell it was over. I was an emotional mess and he knew it. I also suffered depression in the aftermath.

“It may have been his way of dealing with it, but it was disturbing that a man could treat any woman the way he did and when I had been through mental and physical trauma.”

Cup record ... save for US
Cup record ... save for US AP
In messages, Howard claimed the relationship was too difficult to maintain. He said: “I like to see you but I don’t want to pretend.

“It was harder to see each other than I had anticipated. That doesn’t mean we weren’t exclusive.”

Talking about religion, Howard, who volunteers at a church youth group in Manchester, has previously said: “My faith is very important. I try and live as best I can. I’m just a vehicle for Christ.”

But the woman added: “I am still shocked by his actions. Abortions are serious and have long-term effects which he didn’t understand or sympathise with.

“Men need to understand that women need to take decisions on their own. I hope some women reading this will realise how serious the effects can be afterwards.”

In a statement, Howard said: “This is a private matter and it is unfortunate that, for whatever reason, the person concerned has chosen to take her version of events public. I have no interest in discussing it further.”

No comments:

Post a Comment