Saturday, October 17, 2015

I died on Monday, Oct 19th

Suicide clinic Brit’s web post

Simon with wife Debbie, who also lost her daughter two years ago to bone cancer

A TERMINALLY-ill company director has published the date of his death online, days before heading to an assisted suicide clinic.

Simon Binner, 57, made the announcement by updating his profile on the business networking site LinkedIn.

He said he had left his job with an elderly care provider, adding: “I died on Mon 19 Oct 2015.”

The father of three, who is battling motor neurone disease, also announced the date of his funeral next month.
Date ... Simon's post on professional networking site  LinkedIn
Date ... Simon's post on professional networking site LinkedIn
Simon, who is booked into a clinic in Basel, Switzerland, wrote: “I was diagnosed with aggressive Motor Neurone Disease (MND) on 7 Jan 2015.

“As I was driven home I had already decided what I would gladly have to do when my time was upon me.

“I died in Switzerland with Eternal Spirit on Mon 19 Oct 2015 and my funeral was on Fri 13 Nov 2015.

“My MND accelerated very rapidly. I don’t recommend MND! Better to have one massive fatal stroke or be killed instantly by a drunk driver!”

Cambridge graduate Simon also called for a change in UK law to allow assisted suicide, in videos posted on Facebook from his £1.3million home in Purley, Surrey.

Struggling with slurred speech, he said: “I don’t want to go Switzerland to die there. I want to be here for Christmas but I can’t be.”

His wife Debbie, 51, an ex-Sky News presenter, also posted videos describing her husband’s illness and decline as like “waking up to a nightmare every morning”.

Simon’s planned death comes two years after his stepdaughter Chloe, 18, died from a rare bone cancer after being refused access to potentially life-saving drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment