Thursday, October 15, 2015

Robbie tribute ‘rapist’

Denies charge ... Owen

 A ROBBIE Williams tribute singer raped a woman after a gig by his band Re-Take That, a court heard.

Peter Owen, 44, and the woman had been out partying with others when they went back to a flat where she fell asleep, it is alleged.

She claims she “felt funny” when she awoke the following morning then “totally freaked out” when she realised what had happened.

She told police: “I don’t actually know what has happened because I was asleep. I was drunk but I don’t think I was so drunk I didn’t know what I was doing.”

Newcastle crown court heard evidence from her clothing proved there was sexual contact between them in November 2013.

Owen, of West Auckland, Co Durham, denies raping the woman, who cannot be named. He claims she molested him as he slept.

Prosecutor Daniel Cordey said that was “despicable lies” and that Owen “took his opportunity” to rape the woman while she was sleeping.

The trial continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment