Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pictured: Mum and daughter, six, killed after being hit by lorry on pedestrian crossing

Zena Jackson / Cidalia Jackson

A MOTHER and her six-year-old daughter were tragically killed when they were hit by a lorry on a pedestrian crossing.

Zena Jackson, 43, and daughter Cidalia died after they were hit by a HGV on Friday afternoon.

The pair, who lived just a short walk away from the accident spot, were crossing the road outside an Iceland store in Springbank, Hull, when they were hit.

Flowers and tributes left at the scene of a double fatality of a mother and daughter after they were hit by a HGV in Hull over the bank holiday weekend.
The driver, 55, has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and is assisting police with their inquiries.

Family and friends have since paid tribute to the tragic pair.

Friend Katie Fairweather said: “She was lovely and she now leaves her other children behind.

“She was one of those people who just lived for her kids.”

"Her daughter was a beautiful child who was always well-behaved and well-mannered.

“She was an absolute angel.

"It is sickening what has happened and I know lots of people who haven't slept since it happened."

Flowers and tributes left at the scene of a double fatality of a mother and daughter after they were hit by a HGV in Hull over the bank holiday weekend
Donna Grayson, whose eight-year-old daughter Demi-Rose went to school with Cidalia, said: "It is devastating news.

"I am just absolutely blown away by it all.

“The whole community is.

“I think everyone is in disbelief.

"My daughter knew the girl from the school.

“She classed her as her little friend.

“I had to break it to her.

“She is devastated.

"I was speaking to the mum just last week.

“The school had a dance competition and we were all there outside having a laugh and a joke.

"She was lovely.

“She was a wonderful mum.

“Always there for her kids.

"Everybody knew her in some way and mostly through her children and the school and a lot out of school as well.

“It is the family I feel so sorry for."

Flowers and tributes left at the scene of a double fatality of a mother and daughter after they were hit by a HGV in Hull over the bank holiday weekend.
Jalal Hassan, who worked at Tabarak food near to the crossing, said: “I was crying for much of the day after what I witnessed, I won’t be able to sleep for a week.

“I just saw the woman and the child at the crossing and saw the lorry come up.

“It was horrible.

“I knew there was nothing I could do.

Cidalia’s brother Aidan Jackson wrote a heart-wrenching tribute on Facebook: “R.I.P to the most wonderful loving mum I could ever ask for and my beautiful little sister Cidalia.

“You both will always be in our hearts and I’m going to cherish every single moment I had with both of you.

“I love you both so much.”

Family friend Ruhal Husain has created a fundraising page which has already raised over £5,000 on behalf of Zena’s family.

Anyone with information related to the accident should call Humberside Police on 101.
































No comments:

Post a Comment